Make a World of Difference with Doncaster Rotary
If you enjoy helping others, meeting new friends and giving something back to your local community why not come along to one of our meetings. You will receive a very warm welcome and learn more about the people we are trying to help both locally and internationally.
Rotary volunteers are fun loving and enthusiastic people who give their time and talents to serving the local community and helping with projects overseas. Rotary Members are men and women from all walks of life and ethnic backgrounds giving something back to those less fortunate. Benefits of Rotary include fun and friendship, a great social life and the opportunity to support people less fortunate than ourselves.
People and organisations that have benefited from our support include:
- Building a sensory garden at Tickhill Road Hospital
- Specialised wheelchair for an injured soldier
- Dictionaries for school children in deprived areas
- Victim Support and the Doncaster Rape Crisis Centre
- Voluntary Services Overseas
- Shelter Boxes for disasters abroad
- Supporting the Rotary District Disabled Games
- Sensory Play Room for Disabled Children
- NSPCC, Barnardos, Bluebell Wood via Christmas collections at Sainsbury’s, Edenthorpe
- Help for Heroes and Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- Contributing towards Bentley Floods/Toll Bar School playground replacement
- Sports Aid sponsoring sportsmen and women from our local community
- Planting 400 trees on Town Fields with the help of local school children
- Providing holidays for the disabled
- Financing the digging of two water wells in Mali, West Africa
- Eradicating polio worldwide by the mass immunisation of children
- Our local Stroke Awareness campaign is very successful helping to save lives by the early detection of High Blood Pressure.
- Many other worthwhile projects and charities are helped each year
Below are some of our latest Facebook posts.