Thank you for loving where you live! Some revealing litter picking took place around Doncaster 18th, 19th and 20th May 2018. Updates coming here soon.
250 trees planted at Jubilee Park, Hatfield, Doncaster, on 24th March 2018!
We are so happy that we are able to continue to help greatly with improvements at Jubilee Park, Hatfield. Please click on the picture above to find out more.
Thank you to all who joined us at our quiz on 14th May! The proceeds support local causes including Riding for the Disabled. Please watch the video below to see how these experiences positively impact people with disabilities. Please see the event page for the team scores!
Our Youth Services Office, Jeanette McHardy is always working hard to make sure that young people in our area are getting a broad spectrum of activities and events to provide opportunities, skills, fun, and treasured memories. Please click here to learn more.
Make a World of Difference with Doncaster Rotary
If you enjoy helping others, meeting new friends and giving something back to your local community why not come along to one of our meetings. You will receive a very warm welcome and learn more about the people we are trying to help both locally and internationally.
Rotary volunteers are fun loving and enthusiastic people who give their time and talents to serving the local community and helping with projects overseas. Rotary Members are men and women from all walks of life and ethnic backgrounds giving something back to those less fortunate. Benefits of Rotary include fun and friendship, a great social life and the opportunity to support people less fortunate than ourselves.
People and organisations that have benefited from our support include:
- Building a sensory garden at Tickhill Road Hospital
- Proactively taking an interest in the advancement and welfare of young people
- Specialised wheelchair for an injured soldier
- Dictionaries for school children in deprived areas
- Victim Support and the Doncaster Rape Crisis Centre
- Voluntary Services Overseas
- Shelter Boxes for disasters abroad
- Supporting the Rotary District Disabled Games
- Sensory Play Room for Disabled Children
- NSPCC, Barnardos, Bluebell Wood via Christmas collections at Sainsbury’s, Edenthorpe
- Help for Heroes and Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- Contributing towards Bentley Floods/Toll Bar School playground replacement
- Sports Aid sponsoring sportsmen and women from our local community
- Planting 400 trees on Town Fields with the help of local school children
- Providing holidays for the disabled
- Financing the digging of two water wells in Mali, West Africa
- Eradicating polio worldwide by the mass immunisation of children
- Our local Stroke Awareness campaign is very successful helping to save lives by the early detection of High Blood Pressure.
- Many other worthwhile projects and charities are helped each year
Our Music at the Minster event took place this year on 10th March. The proceeds will be helping to support Yorkshire Cancer Research. Thank you to everyone involved for a successful evening, including the Doncaster Youth Jazz Association who provided us with rousing music from inspirational local youngsters.
We could not be more proud of local teenager Abbey Booker, overall winner of the Pride of Doncaster awards who goes to enormous efforts to make sure that every child in care has a voice. Abbey was nominated for a Rotary Young Citizen Award by ourselves and our colleagues at Doncaster St Leger and was one of the winners to be recognised live on the BBC on 8th April 2017. Click here to learn more about Abbey and to see the BBC footage of the awards and interview. Abbey will be one of the speakers at our upcoming District 1220 Conference in Scarborough in October this year.
One of our members has written an article designed to help Rotary clubs set up and run their own Facebook ‘Page’. It includes how-to videos to guide you through the hints and tips you need to get up and running. Valuable information for any charity, business or organisation.